Fundamental Principles of Christianity in the Family
Prepared by: Ptr. Doods Agravante
It is the solemn obligation of parents to teach their children the instruction that belong to Christian upbringing.
- Importance of spiritual things (Matt. 6:33; Col. 3:1-2). Children should be thought to put spiritual things first. “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matt. 6:33). “Set your heart on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above not on earthly things” (Col. 3:1-2).
- Importance of respect (I Pet 2:17). There must be respect, for God, for Christ, the word, and the Church, adults (specially the aged), parents, authority and the rights, wishes and property of others. “show proper respect to everyone; Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, homor the KIng” (I pet 2:17).
- Responsibility. “For each one should carry his own load (Gal. 6).
- Humility. “Humbele yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time” (I Pet 5:6).
- Fairness and impartiality. “I charge you, in the site of God and Christ Jesus and the elect angels, to keep these instructions with partiality, and to do notheing out of favoritism” (I Tim 5:21).
It is evident that marrying a Christian will enhance the prospect of happy and successful life. When you marry choose someone who will help you and your children go to heaven one day. If scriptural truths and principles are lived in your lives, you will assure that your marriage will not end in devorce.