I Chronicles 29:10-19
When David led his people in the marvelous campaign to collect the money and materials for the building of the Temple, he was himself astonished with results of this campaign.
1. God alone is the owner and possessor of all things. (v. 11).
2. Riches, honor and power are gifts from God. (v. 12-13).
3. Men can only give to God that which belongs to him. (v.14-16)
4. Whatsoever one gives to God should be given voluntarily, freely, ungrudgingly. (v. 6, 9,14,17)
5. God delights in those tenants and sojourners who deal fairly and uprightly with him. (v. 15-17)
6. God’s people should rejoice in the great gifts made to his cause. (v. 14,16-17)
7. Gifts to God’s cause should have three major objectives or purpose. (v. 18-19)
a. To express our love and gratitude to God.
b. To build a perpetual testimony on memorial to God.
c. To enable our children to have better religious advantages.
I Chronicles 29:3- Besides, in my devotion to the temple of my God, I now give my personal treasures for the temple of my God. Now, who is willing to consecrate himself today to the Lord?