My Father, My Role Model
Prepared by: Ptr. Doods Agravante
Golden Text: Ephesians 6:1-4
Each father plays a unique and crucial role in the lives of his children. It is not enough to be present. the father should be “actively involved and interested participants” in the child rearing process.
Six ways to be more involved with your child:
- Find an activity that you and your child can do together and find time for it regularly
- Help (but not force) your child to develop hobbies and interests
- As your child grows through the teen years, be more a mentor than a disciplinarian
- Talk to your child and keep communication by being a good listener
- Love your child’s mother with all your heart
- Remember, a child is never to old to be told “I love you”
Remember that a child is likely to see God as a good father if he sees God in his father. Good fathers not only tell us how to live- they show us how to live.